Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dark shadows... the movie?

This may just be a rumor but it made me so happy that I am just going to have to reprint this one. Rumor has it that Tim Burton wants to do a movie adaptation of the spooky 60's soap "Dark Shadows." And for the brilliant bonus, apparently Johnny Depp may be playing the lead role. Johnny Depp as a vampire, I approve.

I personally haven't seen much of the Dark Shadows myself, but I do know that it was quite a hit back in the day. If anyone can do a remake well it's Tim Burton.

Maybe something good has been brought up by all the Twilight madness, more vampire movies. Along with a possible Dark Shadows project in the future it seems as if there may be another vampire movie on the horizon. According to Mrs Laurell K Hamilton's official website, she is currently in talks for an Anita Blake movie.

I'm hoping both of these movies come out, the vampire genre has always been a favorite of mine. It would also be nice to have people see the genre done properly, not with nice sparkly "vegetarian" vamps. Vamps should be cooler then anyone in the room (obviously I'm not just talking about body temperature) , they should be seductive, and even the good vamps should be a little bit evil.

No comments: