Thursday, December 18, 2008

1001Movies to see before you die

I didn't make up the list. I don't really have the time for that sort of thing, and naturally I would have made some different choices.

Here is the link http://1001beforeyoudie.com/

I only got about 182 out of 1001, I better get crackin. There are a bunch of movies that I have seen parts of, but I only counted movies that I had seen from beginning to end.

A lot of their choices are significant but things I kind of wished I hadn't wasted an hour of my life seeing.

"White Balloon" and "L'Atalante" are two of my least favorite films of all times.

Some of the movies on the list are things I can't bring myself to watch for one reason or another.

"Audition" and "The Exorcist" are movies that look way too scary for me to even consider watching

And some movies like "The Sweet Hereafter" (which is about a town dealing with the loss of many children in a horrible bus accident) just look too damn depressing to watch.

All the same I want to see a lot more films on that list.

1 comment:

Ramascreen.com said...

I bet to differ,

I think THE EXORCIST is a must-see, at least the first original film.

Not because I'm promoting satanism or anything like that.

but It was considered groundbreaking and cinematic achievement at the time.

there was nothing like it before it.

The movie even got nominated for Best Picture.

I thought it was hella entertaining too, especially when she spins her head around.


Rama's SCREEN
www.ramasscreen.com