Friday, November 7, 2008

Twilight

As everyone knows the Twilight series is pretty hot right now, and soon (November 21st) the Twilight movie will be out. The movie looks like it will be a fun entertaining piece of fluff just like the books. Personally I don't think I'll see it in theaters just to avoid the shrieks and squee's of the legion of Twilight fangirls.

I dare not say too much against Robert Pattinson (I think he is good looking but he is not the end all be all of sexy) or the Twilight Series itself (which I think glorified an unhealthy codependent relationship) for fear of being torn apart by wild fangirls.

However I will speak out against one thing, that I think even the hardcore Twilight fans will be ok with. My problem is with the merchandise. Now most of the shirts and various other items are cute, but one disturbes me.

Hot Topic is currently selling a shirt that says "Your scent is like a drug to me." on the front with no other marks indicating it is from Twilight. Now it is a quote from the book, but seriously it's creepy. Don't believe me picture Gary Busey, or anyone else that scares that living crap out of you wearing it.

Here I'll help with a visual aid. The actual shirt is Black with fancy white script, but this will give you an idea.


Do you really want to see that walking down the sidewalk at you? The answer should be no.

I mean if you are a creepy person and you embrace your creepyness then by all means buy the shirt. But seriously people that shirt is not cute no matter how much it reminds you of your love for Edward and Bella. I don't think there is a way to wear that shirt without looking really creepy.

No comments: