Friday, August 7, 2009

Vampire Diaries Promotional Stills done in very poor taste

Promotional stills for The Vampire Diaries came out today, and I have to say they were a little shocking.

I have to say there is a fine line between edgy and sleazy, and even within the vampire genre a fine line between sexy and creepy. I think The CW may have gone a bit over the edge on both fronts.




I think the thing that really bothers me is the vacant dead stare of the guy licking her neck.

Oh and the knowledge that the two dudes kissing her are supposed to brothers.

Yep CW you have yet again shown your true colors as a classy and tasteful establishment.

I know what your thinking what could they possibly do to top that picture. Well the answer is clear, show a shocking depiction of abuse.



Seriously does this make ANYONE want to watch this show?

There is a hand wrapped tightly around her neck, a hand from a second man is caressing her hair while she is being choked, and that hopeless and tear filled expression. It just makes me sick.

The first picture was an example of using sex to sell a show, I have to be honest I have no idea who the second picture is marketed towards. Abuse should never be a selling point for a show.

This is not cool CW, not cool at all.

1 comment:

Priority PR said...

Wow they are a little shocking actually. Strange really as Vampires are the hot ticket right now, why go so risky?