Wednesday, June 3, 2009

100 favorite movies to celebrate my 100th post

What can I say I figured I had to do something a little special for my 100th post, and for some reason the idea of doing a 100th post that had something to do with the number 100 sounded like a good idea to me.

So I am listing 100 of my favorite films. It's a pretty big number and a pretty broad range of films so to keep myself organized I will have 10 films representing 10 different genres (although naturally there is some crossover). I'm not saying that these are the best films ever made but they are some of my absolute favorites. I recommend seeing them if you haven't seen then already.

Making up a list of 100 films is hard enough so I'm not going to explain my choices, feel free to comment and question my decisions though.

Action/Adventure

Lord Of The Rings

Snatch

Kill Bill

Pulp Fiction

Natural Born Killers

Boondock Saints

Dark Knight

Fight Club

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Arc

Once Upon a Time in Mexico


Classics

Sunset Boulevard

Singing in the Rain

Gentleman Prefer Blonds

Rebel Without a Cause

Asphalt Jungle

All About Eve

Arsenic and Old Lace

Auntie Maime (The version starring Rosalind Russell)

Jane Eyre

Lawrence of Arabia


Commedy

Monty Python's Holy Grail

40 Year Old Virgin

This is Spinal Tap

Drop Dead Gorgeous

Rat Race

Superbad

Caddyshack

Dogma

A Fish Called Wanda

Young Frankenstein



Drama

Almost Famous

The Deaparted

The Chumscrubber

Dancer in the Dark

Donnie Darko

My House in Umbria

Requiem For a Dream

Virgin Suicides

Waking Life

Eastern Promises


Documentary

Endless Summer

Trekkies

Super High Me

F**k: A Documentary

Sicko

Spellbound

Blue Vynil

The Weather Underground

Grizzly Man

Manufacturing Consent


Foreign

A Very Long Engagement

Life is Beautiful

Carindiru

City of God

Rashimon

Hero

La Haine

Mongol

Run Lola Run

A Band of Outsiders



Kids Movies

Mirror Mask

Surf Ninjas

Labyrith

Three Ninjas

The Mighty Ducks

Enchanted

A Goofy Movie

Newsies

Bed knobs and Broomsticks

Marry Poppins



Romance

True Romance

Moulin Rouge

Don Juan Demarco

When Harry Met Sally

Penelope

I.Q.

Ever After: A Cinderella Story

Chocolate

The Notebook

10 Things I Hate About You


Sci-fi/Horror

Star Wars (Episodes 4-6)

2001 A Space Odyssey

The Matrix

Nightwatch

Stardust

The Fifth Element

The Terminator

Terminator 2 Judgement Day

Willow

Serenity


Other

Please note this category is dedicate to things that could fit in multiple categories (The Graduate could be a classic or a comedy) things that didn't fit in a category listed (Shaun of the Dead), or Cult Classics.

The Graduate

Harold and Maude

Shaun of the Dead

Garden State

The Lost Boys

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Priscilla Queen of the Desert

Battle Royale

The Crow

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

No comments: