Monday, February 16, 2009

RuPaul's Drag Race

It's Monday night, I should be writing a review of tonight's episode of heroes, yet I find myself uninspired.

So I'm going to write about my new guilty pleasure show, RuPaul's Drag Race. As one might guess from the title it' a show about drag queens, and it is fabulous. When you break it down the show is one part America's Next Top Model and one part Project Runway. Naturally this is a combination bound to stir up some drama.

Unlike America's Next Top Model the most interesting part of the show is not the drama, nor is it about really crazy challenge. The most interesting part of RuPaul's Drag Race is that it allows us to see the real people behind the larger then life on stage character. We get to see them out of costume and get a glimpse of who these people really are, and what kind of work goes into their transformation.

Not to mention RuPaul is one hell of a host. She is witty, full of awesome pop culture references, has tons of style, and unlike a lot of other hosts you can tell that she genuinely cares about the contestants.

Some aspects of the show are over the top, but hey these are drag Queens would we really want it to be any way besides over the top. I didn't think so.

The show airs Monday Nights on LOGO, although I think I have seen repeats on other networks. Anyway I recommend it, especially for people like me who can't wait for the next season of ANTM to begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This show is soo bad and does not represent what drag quenns are about at all. What is with today's drags- this show is just a bunch of women, not drag queens. The only 2 real drags were the first to go home. This show is ridiculous and has no balls.