Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eminem's New Video " We Made You"

Ok this isn't Eminems best work, but it's ok. The video pokes fun of all the people whose names got dropped during the song, and adds a few other spoofs in for good measure. Of course the video makes no real sense, nor does it follow any sort of narrative plot; but as far as I can tell neither does the song.

My only real complaint really is more embaressing for me then it is for Eminem. My problem is with the fight sequence where Eminem is dressed up like Spock. Why would Spock be using a traditional Klingon bat'leth, I mean everyone knows Vulcans prefer unarmed combat. All the same I'm sure Spock would use any weapon given to him in a battle, but all the same it bugs me.

Yep I am actually that big of a nerd.

Although I did have to look up the name for the Klingon sword of honor.

Anyway I'm done nerding out for today. Here is the video. Like I said it's ok, but generally I expect a lot more from Eminem. I'm not a big fan of the music but usually his videos are a bit more fun then this, it's like he sacrificed some sense of visual coherence in order to keep the video pace up to his very fast rapping. Again it's ok, it's just not that good.

4 comments:

Grammar Girl! said...

I <3 your geekiness. It makes me giggle.

Ian said...

Tearfully requesting that you verbally assassinate the new Nicholas Cage movie because of how mind-bendingly awful it is, and because I require revenge.

RenegadeFilmSnob said...

I'll see what I can do about reviewing "Knowing" although I make no promises. I really hate Nicholas Cage and I may chicken out at the last minute and go see a movie that I actually want to see. But I will do my best to help you get revenge in the form of bitchy blog posts.

Ian said...

Oh, no worries. Don't hurt your brain too much on my account. I just got dragged by a friend and want those hours of my life back.